Free medical illustrations
free, Illustration, Glucose transporters, surface model, ribbon diagram, Glucose, energy, transport, transfer, cell membrane , GLUT1, red blood cells, Creative commons, white background
Creative commons - Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0)
Free illustration of a glucose transporter as a glass surface model with underlying deeper ribbon diagram on a white background. Glucose is the energy supplier of the human body and is distributed through the blood vessels. The cells of the body take glucose from the blood in order to maintain their functions. The transport takes place by using glucose transporters which enable the transfer through the cell membrane into the cell. Humans have 14 types of glucose transporters that are used by different cell types. The GLUT1 shown here is found, for example, in the cell membrane of red blood cells.This illustration is based on structural data from Deng, D., Yan, C.Y., Xu, C., Wu, J.P., Sun, P.C., Hu, M.X., Yan, N.
Purchase an extended license of this illustration in high resolution:
- You can purchase a license of the illustration above in high-resolution via the external payment service provider GUMROAD.
- Buy image starting 19€ via "Gumroad" (external link)
- - Payment by credit card or Paypal
- - Invoice
- - High resolution illustration
- - Print license includes image with transparent background
- - no logo included in the picture
- - Illustration may be modified
- - no attribution required