Free medical illustrations
free, illustration, insulin receptor, surface model, ribbon model, white background, Insulin, receptor, cell membrane, transmembrane receptor, binding, tyrosine kinases, structural data, Creative commons
Creative commons - Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0)
Free illustration of an insulin receptor as a surface model with indicated ribbon model on a white background. Insulin receptors are located inside the cell membrane (transmembrane receptor). Insulin binds to the α-subunit of the receptor located outside the cell, shown in the upper part of the image. This presumably triggers a change in the shape of the receptor, which spreads inside the cell and activates the tyrosine kinases.Illustration based on structural data from Croll, T., Smith, B.J., Margetts, M.B., Whittaker, J., Weiss, M.A., Ward, C.W., Lawrence, M.C., Li, Q., Wong, Y.L., Kang, C., Hubbard, S.R., Wei, L., Ellis, L., Hendrickson, W.A.
Purchase an extended license of this illustration in high resolution:
- You can purchase a license of the illustration above in high-resolution via the external payment service provider GUMROAD.
- Buy image starting 19€ via "Gumroad" (external link)
- - Payment by credit card or Paypal
- - Invoice
- - High resolution illustration
- - Print license includes image with transparent background
- - no logo included in the picture
- - Illustration may be modified
- - no attribution required