Free medical illustrations
Interferon gamma - dark
Interferon beta - dark
free, Illustration, gamma interferon, surface model, ribbon model, TH1, cells, macrophage, phagocytose, bacteria, cellular defense, nitric oxide, reactive oxygen radicals, phagosomes, lysosomes, dark background, Creative commons
Creative commons - Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0)
Free illustration of human gamma interferon as a surface model with indicated ribbon model on dark background. Gamma interferon is produced by TH1 cells after contact with a macrophage that has engulfed (phagocytosed) bacteria. The main role of interferon-gamma is to activate macrophages and thereby strengthen cellular defenses. These macrophages increase the production of nitric oxide, which is toxic to bacteria, and reactive oxygen radicals. Furthermore, macrophages activated in this way enhance the fusion of phagosomes with lysosomes inside them.Illustration based on structural data from Samudzi, C.T., Rubin, J.R.
Purchase an extended license of this illustration in high resolution:
- You can purchase a license of the illustration above in high-resolution via the external payment service provider GUMROAD.
- Buy image starting 19€ via "Gumroad" (external link)
- - Payment by credit card or Paypal
- - Invoice
- - High resolution illustration
- - Print license includes image with transparent background
- - no logo included in the picture
- - Illustration may be modified
- - no attribution required